Sunday, April 10, 2011

My iPad Is Covered

I'm the kind of person who loves a project. I enjoy projects of all kinds--hence the establishment of a blog as an attempt to watch less TV--but today's project involved the sewing machine. I learned to sew last winter, when, after a failed attempt at learning to knit, I signed up for a community-ed sewing class a nearby high school. For those of you knitters out there, kudos to you! I remain utterly baffled by the ego-crushing complexity of the task, and I may never recover from the self-inflicted humiliation that accompanied my trying to learn.

I arrived at Knitting for Beginners and discovered my fellow classmates were an an 8-year-old girl and her even younger cousin. Knowing I'm one who supports the development and encouragement of children, you'd think I'd have cheered their success, when, 15 minutes into class, their clear superiority began to emerge. Oh, no, however, what happened instead was considerably less noble. I simply gave up.

It's no matter, though. As it turned out, a month later, I not only survived sewing class, but also discovered a delightful new hobby. Which leads me to today. Digging through the closet and tracking down a long-lost bag of leftover felt, I now had the goods to make a cover for my iPad. And so, I spent a good portion of the afternoon and evening figuring out how to make it work, and I'm well on my way to having a completed project. The device even fits in there and everything! All that remains now is the addition of some decorative, yet functional touches. But I'll save that for another day. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment